Monday, September 05, 2005

Stuff

So tomorrow the school year begins anew. Two days of inservice and then the kids show up. New principal this year, and he IS a new principal. Was a teacher last year. Could work for my benefit or my detriment, will just have to see. Feel rather drained at the moment. It's been a long, good summer. But I could go for a bit more. Here goes nothing, as they say.

Spent most of the summer at Lisa's. Finding it lamer and lamer to just stay at my own pad alone. Will be interesting to see how that goes in the coming year. Also, needing to be tighter and tighter with finances. Very difficult but doable.

Had a friend from my teaching program. Best friend from it, actually. Thick as thieves from week 1 or so. Even placed in separate, but close schools, still hung out, drank, sang, danced, etc. Haven't heard from her in almost a year. Phone calls, emails ...all unreturned. Fucking sucks. An only child, I've always gathered my "siblings" and held them close. Friendship of utmost importance. This, unprecedented. Feels worse than most "relationship" ends. Frankly don't know what to do; rather, frankly know there's nothing to do.

So, yeah. All this doesn't compare with sadness at Katrina aftermath. Like a bad science fiction story. Unable to comprehend, quite honestly. New Orleans friend is fine, my Aunt and Uncle likewise. But so many . . .Jesus, we really don't understand what this will mean, yet.

Hm. Need to bring up my mood before my first day. Rock and roll will do the trick.

1 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A spammer said it, so it has to be true!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home