Monday, July 11, 2005

So, yeah. Bit more than a week into summer vacation.

This is nice. I am not yet bored. I've spent a good deal of the time at Lisa's, so that helps. Other activities: eating well, drinking well, spending too much money, designing a D&D campaign. It's nice to be nerdy.

The other day I decided to do an all-day bar crawl. Lisa was at work and I was going home that night, so why not? Well, it was going along just fine until WHAM I finally ran into Roger, the amazing bartender from the late, great 9C. He's a manager at a couple bars now. Had a good talk with him, and definitely got the feeling that we were there "at the right time, at the right place" with 9C. Couldn't be what it was now, annoying shitheads would have taken it over.

Went out with the guys Saturday night. As expected Bobby Flay is extremely overrated. Everyone assumed I was joking when I said he wasn't good. I've become a big food nerd since dating Lisa. I mean, the food was good, but not great. Not that kind of money great, at least. Nonetheless, it was a really good time seeing everyone. And, of course, playing "goofy wingman" to all the single guys.

Last night I had two, count them, TWO dreams about made-up male friends of real female friends not wanting me to hang out with them. Kristen, who's getting married, and DeeAnne, who I haven't heard from in months. Very weird and kind of off-putting. No idea what it means.

Anyway, I should see what sort of mischief I can get in today, for cheap.

6 Comments:

At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I demand details of this D&D stuff you're doing, Nerdy McNerdster. And it better have luchadors and zombie Elvises (Elvii?) in it.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Well, I only started playing in the past year. I'm a late-bloomer in D&D respects. So lately I've been hungry to build a campaign of my own to play. So I've been working on that. I've sketched out a major continent with a topographical map and a political map. I've generated deities (2 for each alignment for humans, 1 for each for Elves, 1 for each for Dwarves, and some random ones). Then I started randomly generating a large town, which involved (so far) about 30 characters of note. But you just gave me an idea for a possible prestige class or maybe a class in and of itself . . .hmmmm.

Fear not, the town I made, though, is a bit non-traditional. Think "Vegas, if Vegas were more fun." I've even generated stats for some of the "exotic dancers."

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I demand the details when you're done!

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

I will try to remember this, but I must remind you, that I am drinking A LOT this summer.

 
At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I wanna drink a lot this summer.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

It's real fun until the money and the body both give out at the same time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home