Tuesday, November 09, 2004

So what the hell is this thing for, anyway?

A few posts into this blog thingee and I'm already questioning its existence. What exactly is my purpose with this thing? Am I to be reviewing stuff all the time? Or can this be like some little girl's diary? Dear Diary, I had the shits today! (I didn't. Not today.) I dunno. I guess we'll be seeing as time goes on.

Oh, http://forums.comicbookresources.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9618

That's a link to a picture of me being all bad and shit. And soon to be very sore.

Finished Locas tonight. By FUCK that is good comics. I came into Love and Rockets with the most recent volume, having previously only read The Death of Speedy. I just really fucking love it, some of the best stuff the genre has ever offered. And it's not easy finding folks that are into it. What the fuck? Batman sells a shit ton of copies even when it's retarded, but people stay away from one of the longest-running masterpieces of any form of media? It makes me want to smell my own taint. And not in the good way.

6 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Ed said...

Not to mention that, even on its worst day, LOVE AND ROCKETS has better art than 90% of popular comics, and better art than 116% of Michael Turner comics (so, yes, it's even better than the art in Turner's head).

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

I'd kill for a Xaime Marvel Family book. I'd kill you for it.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

I HATES MIDGETS! NO WAY HO-SAY!

But the Doritos maybe, if they weren't Cool Ranch.

I actually have a Xaime Mary Marvel sketch that Kid Omega got me. It's the shit. But a full family one would shiver me. Even more, though, would be an actual book.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Heh.

Just send me your address and it'll be right back to you.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

I have to re-read my new volume of Love and Rockets stuff. Now that I know who Ray and Doyle are it means a lot more. Hell, everything does.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Speedy will find a new home soon. Hmmmm. I've got some ideas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home