Tuesday, November 02, 2004

The Most Historic Blog Post of ALL TIME

Yes.

It is true.

I have come to make your lives better. Or worse. Or perhaps leave them unchanged, but take up a few minutes of your time every day. Or whenever I think to post something new. Crap. This start was supposed to be much better. Let's start over.

Hi. How are you doing? That's cool. Yeah. I'm fine. Yeah. Good. Uh-huh.

Double crap, that sucked even worse.

I'll just introduce myself. My name is Joe Rice. I'm a public school teacher in my late 20s. I live in Brooklyn, but was born and raised in Eastern Kentucky. I like rock and roll music, great movies, comic books, and all sorts of cuisine. I just voted and am trying not to be nervous as hell about the election. Part of that trying is finally caving in to starting a blog. You can thank that aromatic beacon of comic reviewing taste, Ed Cunard, for convincing me to actually do this. All those injured by reading what I write should aim their lawsuits at him.

Most of my time online is spent talking about comic books, so I predict this blog will follow that pattern. I have people in real life I can talk to about other crap. The two comic fans at my school have taste in comics that make me want to eat my own arm and crap it on my leg. But it won't all be comics. I'll probably spew forth all sorts of vitriol and idiocy as my fingers type away without concern for rhyme, reason, rhetorical merit, or assholery.

So this is my introduction and first post. I hope you enjoy what I write. Otherwise, shit, what a pointless waste of time this is.

8 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Ed said...

You name-dropped me?

I feel like a celebrity.

That celebrity is Michael Ironside, but still.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

I WANT TO PUKE, OH COOL GUY FROM STARSHIP TROOPERS! THIS ELECTION IS KILLING ME ALREADY!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Lena said...

I knew you'd give in eventually, Joe.

Welcome to the opinionated world of blogging.

Cheers.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Through painstaking research I have deduced that you mmmmmmmm chocolate.

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a teacher? Who wants to hear what some OLD guy thinks about comics?

~ howyadoin

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

EVERYONE! MY YEARS GIVE ME WISDOM! And grey hairs.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Ed said...

... on your chest.

And back.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

It's true. Lisa keeps finding them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home