Monday, February 28, 2005

Holy Grails

You know what's awesome? When you write a post and it doesn't go up and then it disappears. That's great. The best.

Anyway, this past week Lisa and I took her 12 year old cousin out for his birthday. This was awesome because 12 year old boys have pretty much the same ideas of fun that I do. One place we went was Toy Tokyo, a cool toy shop in the village. While checking out there, I saw a photo. The photo was of Audrey Tautou in that very shop holding an Amelie doll based on her. I knew then I had to have it.

Except it's real hard to find. They don't carry it anymore. Nothing on ebay, Amazon, and I haven't found it on Google. I'm afraid this may plague me for the rest of my days. What is a nerd to do? Just wish and hope and keep looking I guess. It'll be there with my Frank Quitely Marvel Family sketch, my night of drinking with Grant Morrison, and Weezer playing at my wedding. Fond dreams.

3 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm crazy but I think read your original post... something about how the 12 year old thought it was amazing you knew of a comic book shop?

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Actually I think that's from the other blog I mentioned that.

 
At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe! Can you do me a favor and remove my last name from the link? I prefer to hide behind anonymity because I don't want to be permanently responsible for my impermanent thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home