Monday, January 17, 2005

Wait, I have a blog?

Yes, yes, yes. It's been a long time since I've posted. I know that. I'm sorry. I've had things to talk about, but I've spent most of my time at my collaborative blog. BUT Mr. Ed Cunard recently showed me an easy way to put pictures on the blog, and I am a SUCKER for pictures.

I went with my fiancee and her sister to my hometown in Kentucky for Christmas. We all had a great time (due in no small part to the shortness of our stay). The food was probably the highlight, from my Gran's fried chicken, mashed potatoes (hell, anything she made) to the excellent diner fare here:



The Bluegrass is an old-school greasy spoon with unbeatable onion rings, hot dog sauce (chili to the rest of you), and it's famous "Flying Saucer" burger (two beef patties, special cole slaw, and a slew of other goodness). That last one is the one I'm recommending here:



If this doesn't seem amazingly fascinating, please understand that this is also a test run for the picture posting.

But you just can't miss with a New York girl amazed with how gluttonous Appalachian folks shopping at Super Walmart can be.


11 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bluegrass Rest-rant did not even exist when we lived there, did it? I'm sure it did not when I was there. I first enjoyed this shit-hole late night after shawn rottenberry's wedding with kemper and scott fidler and lisa sizemore. i ordered a hot-brown and it was a plate that was completely full of molten cheese. somewhere within this cheese was a piece of toast [i think]. no shit!! its worth looking for if you ever return. but seriously, don't order it.

sadly.. um.. well maybe not sadly.. my parents moved south of louisville. i was thinking at the time that this could possibly be the last time i ever go to ashland.

-john k

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

The Bluegrass was actually around a long time before our stay in Ashland. It was apparently THE cool place during my dad's generation, when your manhood was judged by how well you can drive your car in reverse.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Ed said...

God, I am sadder that I couldn't make it now that I see everyone all spiffy.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

You are the all-time saddest.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

No wonder everyone hates you.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Ed said...

Why limit it to just one reason? There are plenty of reasons to hate on me. :)

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

I also hate in you.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger John K said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Minithin may try to remove his comment, but he is right. The Bluegrass is the one by the coke plant.

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are a blog tryant!!

i need to get john karnes registered

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Welcome, nerd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home