Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Hate

I'm usually pretty successful in being indifferent to what others think of me. Like me, dislike me, want me desperately, it makes little difference to me. I'm helped a great deal by my religion with this.

But I really don't like being hated. It really bothers me. I get angry, I get upset . . .and, this may be a surprise to some folks, but it's pretty damn rare, like a handful of times. And it's almost always on the internet.

People get mad at me. They say I'm being a jerk, but all I can see me doing is talking very poorly about a comic book. People say I think my opinion is more important or all important, that I look down on people who disagree with me . . .neither are true.

People are insecure. I don't agree 100% with ANYbody. Shit, Lisa doesn't even care for New Frontier and I let her see me naked sometimes!

So I'm working on it bothering me less. I think some of the bother is a nagging suspicion that maybe I did something awful and didn't realize it. Call it protestant pseudo-guilt. I don't want to hurt anyone, and that's why being hated hurts.

8 Comments:

At 3:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dislike vs hate

"he always tries to stick his finger in my butt when i'm on top" = dislike

"he always tries to cram his rod in my pooper when he's doing me doggie style" = hate

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Thank you, oh anonymous reader/writer, for your stirring allegory.

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop whining!

"People" have probably hated you for better/worse reasons -- like the good ol' Race, Religion, Creed stand-bys -- and probably for a lot longer! Whoever that recent Hater is who got you going here just did a better job in convincing you of the depths of his dislike. That takes real skill! Or maybe it was lack of skill, as the clumsy Hater really only meant to say, "Kind sir, I respectfully must take exception to your remarks and here offer a viewpoint at odds with your learned opinion," and instead it came out, "Grr, hate you!" In either case, as you say, why should you care?

This is what you get for posting when you promised a blogging break over the holidays: NO SYMPATHY. Go eat some turkey, you, and don't come back until you have something better to whine about.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

I promised a break after today, metawhiner!

Besides, no one has ever hated white people. It's impossible.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Ed said...

I also loved NEW FRONTIER. Does this mean I get to see you naked.


____ YES


____ NO

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

I check "Yes."

I am currently planning how exactly to go to war with CBR.

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait...

...you let Lisa see you NAKED sometimes?

=O

*Faints*

-- Adam Crocker

p.s. D.C. New Frontier is pure bliss.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Only when she's really REALLY lucky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home