Thursday, June 09, 2005

Actual Content

As the school year winds down, I've been pretty busy. The paperwork is mountainous, but my old nerd habits help me get it done pretty quickly. I'm honestly really happy this year is over. I'm done with this group, sadly. Too many kids that grate on my nerves too much.

We got our test scores in. Did better than I expected, which is great. Some kids did REALLY well. Unfortunately, a few may have to go to summer school. Some of them, kids that worked their ass of this year and came up a LOT . . .just didn't do well on the idiotic test.

Last night was our schools end-of-term/retirement party. Open bar and a room full of educators, you get the picture. Of course, since the men at my school are either married, gay, or me, I got treated like a piece of meat. You don't know uncomfortableness until your principal has her hands on your ass showing you how to "dance Spanish." But it'll all be worthwhile if I get the class I want next year.

One of the new teachers, a blue-eyed skinny blonde, came up to me while we were dancing. "Have you ever felt more white in your life?" she asked.

"Yes, last year, when you people weren't here," I replied.

My parents are in town. They're on their way to meet me here. This'll be the firs ttime they see my new place. I hate having my parents over. There's always something wrong. It's one of the few times they make me neurotic. BUT we at least get some good tacos and delicious pastries out of the deal. And I might end up with a dinette set. Then to Brooklyn Heights to see Alex at the comic shop and dinner at the Chip Shop. Mmmmmm, fried Snickers . . .mmmmmm.

2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

I understand about the parents thing. Last year my mom visited me--we hadn't seen each other in about 9 months, and when she got to my apartment, all she could do was yell at me for having dishes in the sick & some stacks of books on the floor.

Geez--no matter how old you are, they still treat you like a child!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Mr. Rice said...

They actually love my new place! Shock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home